To Sign Up (to walk, sponsor, donate or keep track along the way) visit:
Project HOOD Walk across America to end Violence from NY – LA
- When and where is the walk going to start? Tuesday June 5th – starting point will be Times Square New York, NY.
- When and Where will you be ending the walk? The Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA… When – TBD
- Why are you doing this walk across the country? To bring attention and awareness to the violence that is not only in Chicago but in our urban communities all across America & To raise money toward the $15M to build a community and economic development center on the south side of Chicago that will become a model for every city.
- How will you prepare for the walk? Daily training and diet beginning May 1
- Who is going to accompany you? My Sons, students and other supporters.
- How many miles will you be traveling? Over 2,700 miles.
- Will you be journaling the walk? Yes, I will and streaming it LIVE on www.projecthoodwalk.org and I’ll be keeping a hand written journal.
- Will you be coming through Chicago? ABSOLUTELY!
- How will your church be supporting the walk in your absence? We will begin a Chicago campaign called HOODvasion…see our brochure for details, with a goal to have NO MURDERS for the entire summer in Woodlawn!
- Where will you reside during the evenings? In The Tent on the grounds of our partner churches, synagogues, non for profits or public parks
- How can people support the Project HOOD Walk?
- Donations can be made on our website: projecthoodwalk.org
- Mail donations to Project Hood at 6620 S King Dr. Chicago, IL 60637
- Text the word HOOD to 50555 to donate $10.00
- Get Family, Friends and Co-workers to Sponsor some miles